Solder paste is a mixture of solder spheres held within a specialised form of solder flux. As the name indicates it has the texture of a paste, and hence the name.
The fact that it is a paste means that it can be easily applied to the board during PCB assembly.
The solder particles are a mixture of solder. Traditionally this used to be tin and lead, but with RoHS legislation has been introduced around the world, to only use lead-free solders. These may be made from a variety of mixtures. One is 99.7% tin and 0.3% copper, whereas there are other mixtures that include other metals including tin.
Latest from PA
- IPC APEX EXPO will take place in January 24-26
- Wave vs Selective Soldering
- As of September 2022 AssemCorp starts working with Data I/O
- Elek Altı Temizleme Rulosu Nedir?
- Intelligent Memory announces partnership with AssemCorp
- SMTconnect exhibition is on 10-12 May in Nurnberg
- 3M™ Novec™ Engineered Fluids can now be found in AssemCorp
- What is FR-4?
- Millimeter Wave Products Inc. (Mi-Wave) is represented by AssemCorp
- AssemCorp and VIPER RF Cooperation
- AssemCorp becomes the representative for Misotech
- AssemCorp and ERZIA cooperation begins as of July 2021
- AssemCorp is Turkish distributor of KVG Quartz Crystal Technology
- Cooperation between AssemCorp and Sawnics in Turkey
- What are the soldering methods?